Monday, February 23, 2009

Kids Say the Darnedest Things

Remember that from the Art Linkletter show? If you're as old as me, you will. Nonetheless, kids still do say the darnedest things!

Today in Honors English 10, I mentioned that Nelson Mandela had been interviewed by Larry King and it could be found online.

One student said, "Is he the guy with the shoulders?"

I had to smile. "Michael, I think all guys have shoulders, don't they?" Everybody laughed.

"No, I mean is he the guy with the shoulders who always sits like this?" and he imitated Larry King, by gosh.

"Yep, that's Larry King," I said. I had never thought about it till that moment.

"He just about blocks out all the scenery behind him," the kid said. He had a point.

I came home and looked up Larry King on Google Images. Look below for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment